Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ding Dong..

Tonight was the last day of my first class. Our learning team presentations were due, 15 minutes on Ethics & Values and how it relates to career success. My group consisted of me, A and J. Neither one was very good about responding to messages, emails or phone calls. Or getting their work together in time, hell even if they did get it done in time, it wasn't very good and required lots of editing. For the presentation, A told me on Saturday that he had everything ready but his references and would post it on Sunday. By Monday night I hadn't heard from either A or J so I sent them both an email saying that if I didn't have A's section by 10am that I would be writing everything and they wouldn't get credit. I spoke to J on Monday and got most of his work set, but it took quite a bit of hand holding to get him to do his references in APA format as required. He originally didn't think it was a big deal that we didn't have A's work because he thought that the teacher had said that we wouldn't be penalized for group members lack of effort. Then I explained to him that while the individual group member wouldn't get the grade, if we only turn in half of a paper, we'd only get a 50% grade. Then he asked *ME* what *I* was going to do. *sigh*

So I ended up doing the work for A's section. Then when I got to class he was there and tried to turn his portion in to the teacher who sent him to J and I. We told him that we would let him say whatever he wanted at the end of the presentation but that we each did our research and were going to talk about our own parts. I'm so glad that class is over, I hope to never see some of those people again. Some were cool though and I'll be seeing the nicest of them, a married couple, in my next class. ++ they also live in my town so if we get to choose our own groups I know I want them, both because they do their work and it's good quality and because we can meet in person easier.

I have 2 weeks off till my next class, then 2 weeks off for Christmas. I don't work tomorrow so it'll be my first day off in a month that I don't have to spend all day doing school work, just chores :)

No comments:

Post a Comment