Friday, June 26, 2009

Temporary Insanity

Yesterday was a pretty rough day, not only didn't I get any sleep until a nap mid-afternoon, but it was extremely hot and muggy all day. There's no AC in the house and my room is so tiny that it seems to suck in all the heat in the house.

The electrician who has been working on the house for the last few months was over with 2 other guys working on my mom's room. They torn down one wall and rewired everything. The first thing he said to me was that he thought I was only staying here temporarily. I said me too. Then later we had a discussion about work opportunities in the area, aka lack of except for construction and repairs. The electrician also got freaked out when he found a big snake hiding under his truck. He and the other guys couldn't even tell what kind it was, just that it was big. So wrong. :/

The finished up their work around 2pm and I took a nap for awhile then ended up throwing up for an hour even though I hadn't eaten anything. I forced myself to eat a bowl of cheerios after and I felt awful and barely kept it down but then I napped a few hours more and finally started feeling better. My thumb has been getting worse too, so yesterday morning I took a naproxen which helped but I can't take it every day for the next two weeks until I can get another shot from the orthopedist.

I heard back from the monster.com resume writing service my husband purchased for me. They said I should have a draft by Monday. I spent a few hours the night before filling out their questionnaire and researching average apartment prices in various locations nearby. Nearby is pretty relative because the major areas I might find work are at least 1 to 3 hours away from my parents house.

I'm starting to feel a bit nauseous again, so I'm going to try to force myself to eat more cheerios then wait for the construction guy who is coming back to finish up the drywall in mom's bedroom. I have some chores I've been slacking on for the last week that I should get to as well.

--Repack a big box of books & magazines into smaller boxes
--Put together the two wood racks outside
--Bury the tv & internet cables outside
--Mow the lawn
--Use the weedwacker
--Make a grocery list for next week
--Do some cleaning

Just hope I don't run into any snakes :/

2 comments:

  1. It's unlikely that local snakes are poisonous. They will give you a bite at worst, but from experience I can say those aren't that bad.

    ReplyDelete