Monday, June 22, 2009

The Weight of Boxes

After a much needed 8-hour unconsciousness I woke up still feeling achy and weak. My brother had made some lasagna so I had some, even though I wasn't really hungry. My brother had unloaded the jeep for me, all 8 boxes and suitcases of my life. There's still 6 more left in Toronto that will have to be mailed. 14 boxes plus the little bit of stuff I already had here, that's all my life is now and I can't even unpack it. All kinds of metaphors fit nicely here but it hurts too much to find it funny.

Completely unrelated, the new taco bell commercial is pretty funny. They're playing the Pina Colada song and one guy makes a verse that says "Hate getting stuck in this lane" another guy sings "if you hate filling out your time sheets". I do that all the time, make up verses to songs when complaining. Just don't tell the RIAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment