Saturday, June 27, 2009

One more down

Yesterday was pretty much the worst possible combination of events. Lack of sleep, getting bitched at by mom and my brother, hot and muggy, lots of chores to do. I was feeling pretty low. I'm still trying to find an option to get out of here.

Today I called my grandma and asked if I could come stay with her for awhile. She said she'd have to think about it but then called me back and said that she talked about it with Grandpa and my uncle and didn't think it was a good idea. That really sucks, I'll be stuck here awhile until I can get a car find somewhere else and leave. Or move somewhere that has decent public transit.

How to find that place? I don't really care where I live, except I don't want to go back to Georgia and I really like the fall season so I would be sad to live somewhere that didn't have one. Those are just nice options but anywhere but here is good enough for now. So how else to narrow down the search? Before I hand off my resume to the job finders I'll need to have some locations in mind. Hopefully ones I could get to for job interviews before I commit to moving.

Mom and my brother will be gone most of today at a friend's bbq. It's been absolutely wonderful here today. Not too hot, slightly rainy, quiet and less stressful. I got a lot of the cleaning I wanted to do done. Spent a good amount of time brushing Woofie, got a full bag of hair off him. So there should be less hair to spread around the house and he'll be more comfortable in the heat. I've also done my laundry, and plan to build the pantry cabinet mom ordered.

I called my other brother to get some advice but he was stepping out to take my niece to a skating party and said he'd be home in a few hours. I'm hoping that when he and his family get stationed somewhere else in September that if it's in the US and not overseas then I could find a place near them so I'm not totally alone. Before then I'd have to find and job and save up for a car because the areas around bases aren't usually good for transit. That all depends on where I can find a job though. It all feels so circular..

No comments:

Post a Comment