Friday, August 7, 2009

32 Hours

32 hours to go before we make the trek to Virginia. Tomorrow will be a crazy day of getting the trailer, finishing up last minute tasks & phone calls, and double checking that everything is packed and loaded. I've been crunching numbers and it looks like if I can find a decent job ($12+ per hour/40 hours a week) I should be ok.

I also plan to get more serious about selling my jewelry. I've had no bites so far at all. I have yet to decide if I'll continue through etsy.com which has a $0.20 listing fee and 3.5% sales fee, or if I'll switch to artfire.com which offers a basic account for free, no listing or sales fees. You can pay $12 per month to get a premium account You can see the difference here: I don't think it's wise to list the same jewelry on different sites though so I'll have to choose.

I'll miss the gorgeous scenery and lack of traffic here in NH but I need income options. Never got a chance to go check out the walking trails near here or the waterfall, or take photos of the river.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Niki, just catching up on your blog. I've missed a lot. I'm trying to figure out how I can get emails to tell me when you've posted a new post...

    Anyway I keep forgetting to mention that you can set up an Artfire kiosk on your facebook profile. I have a friend who has one so I thought I'd pass that along if you didn't know that already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! You can integrate your Etsy and facebook too. I don't know what it does exactly since I haven't done it :)

    ReplyDelete