Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stuff

It's very hard for me to accept financial help from others. This likely stems from how I grew up with money being a weapon of control & manipulation. Having nothing for the last 2 months has made me really face the issue since I have to not only accept the help, but ask for it as well. It's not any easier though and I find myself rebelling for no good reason against things that would make my life easier but would make me feel worse for taking.

In general I think it's good that I have issue with it, it will drive me to support myself as soon as I can. Right now, it's a constant battle between feeling greedy, burdensome, undeserving and weak and having the things I need.

2 comments:

  1. It's not greedy to ask for your basic needs to be met! You have always been generous at heart and it is time you realize that you deserve to accept and ask for the same from others :) What goes around comes around, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I know anyone who is comfortable with or enjoys asking for help, especially financial. No matter how you try to rationalize it, it stings like hell. Still a necessary evil sometimes, I'm trying. :)

    ReplyDelete