Monday, August 17, 2009

Second Night

BIG HUGE *HUGS* and CONGRATULATIONS to my sister & brother-in-law on their new baby. It's a girl! Happy Birthday little girl! I shall call this the year of the X chromosome :) 4 total this year so far and there's one more baby on the way! Though I don't think that baby is technically due this year. I still feel it will also be a girl :)

I've been sleeping like crap.. It's too quiet here. Even if I leave on music, it's not the same. I wanted to wake up early and get some errands done then go job hunting but I woke up late. Still I got the DMV done, 2 hours and $80 to get my license, car registration & title changed. I have to wait 2 weeks for the real copies of each but I got the new plates right away. I went home and tried to put the new plates on. The front one was easy and I got one of the screws off on the back but could not get the second no matter what I tried. I'd just taken the plates off in March to put on the NH ones and had no trouble, but somehow it was stuck. So I decided to take it in for the inspection today rather than tomorrow and get the guy to do it for me. He obliged me and everything for the car is done until next month when I have to renew the registration, but I can do that online. I had a coupon book for a free inspection but only $5 off on the emissions so I had to pay $25. Still it's done.

Then I drove to my new bank with my temporary drivers license and some bills to get my address changed with them. Also ordered my first set of checks. Thankfully all of that was free. I'm really reluctant to start digging into my bank account on my third day alone here.

I didn't get out to throw around my resume. By the time I was done with the bank it was 4pm. Rush hour around here so I decided to do it tomorrow as I had also not eaten at all.

Saturday night I got caught up on one of my favorite shows, Bones. There was quite a few episodes but I was bored and lonely anyway. I didn't really take to Bones right away, I didn't take to David Boreanaz as an FBI agent. Eventually though I grew to like the relationship between him and Emily Deschanel and the rest of the cast.

Sunday night I got caught up on The Mentalist. Another favorite show. Simon Baker is very good, though I still am not quite sure about Robin Tunney. She seems quite out of place for me but the character is good. <3 <3 Cho (Tim Kang) especially in the season finale when he's refusing the offer of the mailbox lady's niece.

Tonight I'm catching up on Lie To Me. Originally it bothered me that the reactions were over-pronounced in the acting. It's gotten better in the later episodes and I adore how they compare it to real world photos. I've always been fascinated by facial & body language reading.

Trying to stay sane.. will update any changes.

2 comments:

  1. oooh I am going to have to borrow your copies of the Mentalist and Lie to Me when u are done!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can burn you a cd and mail it to you if you want :) All of each?

    ReplyDelete