Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Week

First week on the diet, it's always the hardest but I've been ok. I'm naturally a saver so I just thought of the food as money. Today I went grocery shopping even though I wanted to wait until tomorrow. It's been storming all day so I couldn't mow the lawn, if it happens to dry out tomorrow I'll be doing that instead. I love thunderstorms. I ended up spending more than I'd planned for but not by too much. It happens, most of the stuff will last through next week probably. I'll just have to be more cautious.

First week of quitting smoking, it's always the hardest and the cravings have been brutal. I just refused to go buy any, and having quit 3 years ago after smoking for 12 years, I knew what to expect.

I picked up a Green & Black's Organic Bittersweet Dark 60% Chocolate with Crystallized Ginger Pieces. I tried their Mayan Gold bar last week which was Dark Chocolate With Orange and Spices. Not quite the Mayan Chocolate I wanted but was still very good for Orange Chocolate. I've only had 2 small squares of the Ginger bar so far, they're about 17 calories each, and it's pretty good if you let it melt. You don't get very much of the ginger flavor if you chew it. Then it's all crystallized texture.

I've been watching a new show that I've wanted to check out for awhile. The Unusuals, it stars Amber Tamblyn who is a favorite for my husband and I from her show Joan of Arcadia. I also followed her, Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively and America Ferrera in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The show is pretty funny, the tape delay they used on a suspect was outrageously funny. Odd things happen, like a buck shot imprint of Jesus on the wall. The dispatch narration is hilarious, each character has quirks and mysteries to figure out, all swirling around each other, not really connected which feels more real than having them all tie together.

No comments:

Post a Comment