Friday, August 21, 2009

Sixth Night

Sleep came easier last night, though I suppose that was due to the lack of sleep the night before and/or the hysterical hour.. I woke several times and it didn't seem very restful. Still I slept with the light off in the bedroom, but light on in the hallway so I guess I count that as more progress.

I finished the second Dune book that my husband let me borrow, Messiah. I keep track of my books on facebook through the visual bookshelf app but the review I wrote there said: 3.5 stars

The whole time I was reading it I felt like I'd read it before. Yet there was enough I didn't remember that made it worth a second read if that's what it was. The end has such subtle and well written emotions that it more than made up for the slower parts. It felt like a history book.

I also got caught up on the Tudors last night, Season 3. Mostly this season dealt with Jane Seymour but the last few episodes were about Anne Of Cleves. I'm a bit disappointed that Anne was only a couple of episodes but she was only Queen for a few months. Next up, Catherine Howard, who is the star of the first book I read by Philippa Gregory, The Boleyn Inheritance. I'm currently reading her first of the Tudor series, The Constant Princess, which is about Catherine of Aragon. I'm such a royal geek :)

I also cleaned out the house, top to bottom. Even though I'm only using 2 of the rooms plus the bathrooms I cleaned them all. They were pretty clean to begin with, the last tenant had a maid service come just before I moved in, but there's always moving dust, the bug spray from the exterminator and it just felt good to do. I still need a vacuum to properly clean the bedrooms but I used the dust buster to pick up what I could see.

The earrings I made today I based off the earrings I saw on the Young & the Restless today. I named them Baroque Ambrosia. 2 <3's if you can tell me why :)

I got to talk to my friend, AR, for a few minutes today. Since her apartment was burgled she's been without a computer and rarely home for me to call her. We had a decent but short chat and I miss her a lot. Good wishes for her internship which she says will begin after Labor Day.

I've been applying online to as many nearby stores as I could think of before I head out on foot. Aside from all the secretary jobs that I applied for while still in NH, I also applied to a dozen more through monster.com this week, and then started on places like: Michaels, Staples, Bed/Bath & Beyond, Gamestop, Borders, Target, Dress Barn, Sherwin Williams, Radio Shack, Walmart, Payless and CVS. I'm wracking my brain and google to come up with more but I'm stuck. If you can think of anywhere else I should apply, I need to make at least $12 per hour, hopefully more if I can or I'll possibly end up getting a part-time job as well, please let me know.

I am trying to wait until I have no food left to go grocery shopping, so I get into a weekly pattern. Which should be Sunday, a bad day to grocery shop but will be necessary assuming I get work soon anyway. I've been scouring the mail and free paper for coupons, but with my diet I don't expect to spend much on food at all, just the extra things like soaps, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment