Sunday, October 25, 2009

Darice Bead Spinner

Last week I got to demo the battery operated bead spinner by Darice. I was not very impressed, neither was anyone who tried it during the event. I'm no expert at using bead spinners, I've had a wooden one for awhile but I've only used it 2-3 times. The automatic spinner was way too fast, it needs a speed setting especially for beginners. The only setting it had was whether it spun left or right, presumably for left or right handed beaders, which is a nice feature but just not enough to make me want to buy it. Not only that but our spinner burnt out after 3 hours of use. You could smell burnt machinery and it just wouldn't start anymore. I much prefer my wooden spinner, it goes at my pace, I can spin it either direction, I remember to push up the beads as the spinner starts to slow. Just better all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment