Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

On Sunday I drove an hour to the Apple store to get the fans replaced before the warranty runs out next month. They didn't have the parts in the store so they mailed it out and would mail it back to me at home. They said it could take up to a week but I got it back this morning! I'm so happy :) I'm getting caught up on all my downloading, spreadsheets, websites that were too hard to open on my semi-iPhone. I'm also reorganizing all of my music, deleting stuff I really don't like so hopefully the Genius play-lists will be better.

My esty bracelet showcase went well yesterday! I sold 2 bracelets which paid for the cost of the showcase + a little bit extra if you subtract the cost of materials & shipping. My sale ends tomorrow and then I'll be going over all my prices and trying to make them a bit more fair. I think I'll do an earring showcase next month!

My second day of work was on Monday. I was stocking the bead section for 4 hours. I loved it.. my quads are pretty sore from doing squats the whole time. Squat to box, unpack item, scan for shelf label, stand to place item. I got to know the store a bit more, got a few compliments on my hair too. Always nice! I work again tomorrow, another 4 hour shift. 8 1/2 on Friday! Then another 6 on Saturday. :) Not too bad for my first week. I still need to get a username & password for the employee website so I can put in my direct deposit information and schedule a few days as unavailable when my mom & brother are coming in for a few days.

Monday was also the Canadian Thanksgiving! So Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canuck friends & family. Have lots of Turkey for me! I'd bet they ran through forests of maple trees just for you :) Mmmm maple drizzled pumpkin cheesecake.....

I had the day off yesterday so I took Princess in to the pet salon across the street to get a bath. Whatever was on her fur when I got her has been giving me a rash but I wanted to give her some more time to relax here before taking her. They said she did very well, was completely silent which they thought was odd for a malamute. She was a bit afraid of the dryers so they dryed her a bit and let her air out. She's so fluffy and clean :) No more rash! They always give the dogs a cute little scarf and hers is brown with pink flowers on it. Very cute.

While she was getting bathed I went to buy her some new toys. She needed a tough ball to play fetch with. The one the neighbor gave her was destroyed in an hour and I can't trust her with it by herself or she'll eat the pieces. It glows in the dark. :) You can imagine what the yard would look like if she did eat it! I bought her a kong ball, a $2 stuffed squeaky toy and a supposedly untippable water dish for her crate. She still doesn't seem to know about the water bottle I put in there and since I work 8 hours on Friday I was worried she'd get too thirsty. I saw her go into the crate last night to drink from it so I thought that was a good sign, but today when I went out for 10 minutes to mail the second bracelet I sold yesterday, she had tipped it over. /sigh She's a stubborn one.. but at least it doesn't hold a lot of water and half of it stays in even when it's upside down, because of the lid.

I've been trying to decide if I should get a few decorations for Halloween. I definitely want to hand out candy this year, it'll be so much fun! I don't know if I'll get many visitors though if I don't put up some kind of decoration. I work at Michael's so I'm constantly around all kinds of ideas.. Maybe I'll pick up a little something tomorrow. I still want to go to a fall festival or farm event, or something. I have coupons for free pumpkins and apple cider and all kinds of nice fall stuff. I just haven't wanted to go alone.

I have my school orientation next Tuesday. Should only take an hour they said. I spoke to my advisor this morning and asked her about my transcripts and what classes I'll be taking. She said they'd only received one of the two transcripts but it wasn't in the computer yet. I'm really quite confused that they would let me start taking classes before I even pick what classes I want to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment