Thursday, July 16, 2009

Brain Dead

Last night was really rough with mom. She was up every hour or so with really bad stomach acids. She threw up at least twice. I finally got to sleep at 5:30am and woke up at 7am to wait for the contractor but he called at 7:56am and said he was going to pick up the roof shingles first then come over. So I went back to sleep until just before 9am.

The contractors were really fast, then he told me that one part of the roof that has a skylight was covered in moss and mold. He gave me an estimate to fix it. He also said he'd be coming by on Saturday with the excavator guy so he can make an estimate for digging out the hill for the garage.

After he left I spent the next 4 hours calling, the dog kennel, a second generator company, 2 of mom's 401k companies, the contractor again, the home health aide place, then 3 other places they referred me to, my sister-in-law, and in between calls checking on mom, helping her to the bathroom or downstairs, getting her to drink and eat and checking if her zantac was helping any, talking to my dad on IM to keep him updated on mom and explaining the results of each call to both mom and G.

Mom seems to be doing a bit better today, she's got a bit of strength back and the zantac seems to be working so far. She ate a few times, so that's great. She also walked herself up the stairs and to the bathroom a few times.

I'm tired, I'm emotionally exhausted, I want to cry. I know things will get better but that doesn't mean I need to ignore how I feel.

I talked to mom and G today about Virginia. They've told me that there is a bus but they don't know much about it.. ++ They also said that there are several after school programs and classes and daycares that will pick the kid up from school. ++ A friend gave me some links for temporary jobs from home that AR could do until we get everything set up for her daughter. ++

My brain needs a break and my thumb really hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment