Friday, July 17, 2009

Wood

I'm not sure how mom was last night, I passed out around midnight and was dead to the world until 5am, then went back to sleep till 10am. This morning she was still complaining of stomach pain but she hadn't thrown up since she started the zantac so that's great. She decided she wanted to go out for lunch and she felt up to it so we went to Friendly's. She managed to eat a good amount of her clam basket and had most of an ice cream sundae as well.

She started to get tired by the end of the meal but still wanted to go pick out her swing seat that the family got her for her birthday. We stopped at a store that sells all types of handmade wood furniture and she picked out a nice birch swing, which happened to be their only one in stock at the time, and also picked up 2 adirondack chairs with foot rests for the porch, 1 end table, a media cabinet for the living room, which she wanted stained, and 2 special order adirondack chair cushions. They had lots of nice stuff, it made me want to pick up a bench for the porch in Virginia. Mom said she might be willing to provide that.

Mom took a little nap once we got home and it's so hot and humid here today that we all were a bit wiped out. I ended up having a really great conversation with my husband too, really cheered me up but also gave me a lot to think about.

While I was making dinner mom tried to scan a piece of mail that came for my brother D, she had trouble with it and got really upset and beating herself up for being stupid and kept saying she doesn't have a brain anymore, what good is she. I tried to do it and it seems like the software wasn't installed or something is wrong with it so I tried telling her that we'd need to look at the manual and it doesn't mean she's stupid. This printer has been a bit difficult with other things. She wouldn't hear it, she kept crying and blaming herself. *sigh*

I hope she'll be able to sleep tonight and be stronger in tomorrow. We've got the garage contractor coming over to discuss everything and hopefully start planning out a date to start this thing finally. The whole thing won't be done this year, we're hoping to just get the ground dug out, leveled and cleared, then get the concrete laid for the floor. Then we can get the generator installed, get the new 500 gallon propane tank placed, get the electrician to hook those up to the house and get a car-turn-around laid on one side of the foundation with the same ledge pack we got for the driveway.

After that, if she's still up for it, she wants to go to lunch and maybe go to Staples to get a new mouse for her laptop. G and I also have to make a trip to the dump and clean the house up really well because we've been having ants lately. I also still have a lot of bigger chores to get to before I leave here but it keeps raining or we end up dealing with mom or out all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment