Monday, July 13, 2009

One Day At a Time

First of all a big giant HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to my homie, N. :) Hope you're having a great day!!

Mom has been more alert today, which is good, but G and I have still had to carry her a few times. My thumb is really owwie today as a result. Hoping she continues to get better and even gets back to being able to walk by herself.

I've done most of my phone calls today. Still a few more to go, and waiting for calls to be returned. I'm trying to set up doctor's appointments for mom, also setting up an interview with a home health aide, and getting her retirement money transferred.

I also got to speak to my friend, AR, for a few minutes today and she says she's still willing to come move in with me in Virginia. She said she was going to tell her boyfriend over the weekend that she was leaving but he was acting "stupid" so she didn't. I told her it might be best to wait to tell him until I come help her move. I couldn't imagine staying with him for several weeks of ranting and fighting. I don't really think he deserves the courtesy of notice either. She and I still have a lot to talk about and work out and I still can't call her.

I've been reviewing the jobs that the job company applied to on my behalf today. I requested that they change my search location to Virginia because I'm moving there by the end of the month. Out of the 28 they applied for, only 9 were unsatisfactory. Mostly due to requiring a security clearance which I don't have. I'm just hoping that the New Hampshire phone number I've got listed on my resume doesn't throw people off. Plus I'll likely be changing that number once I've moved to Virginia, hopefully I will be able to afford it. I will have to request that G give out my new number if I get any calls after I move.

I really miss my husband. I love him so much and being apart this long is horrible. I don't know if he's any closer to figuring things out, I just keep telling myself to be patient, be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment