Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tough Times

Another rough day with mom. All she's wanted to do since we got back from picking up G at the airport yesterday is sleep. This morning we woke her up to take her medicine and spent an hour trying to get her to take them. She kept refusing, crying and yelling at us to leave her alone and telling us she didn't want them. She finally did take them though.

She wouldn't eat anything though. So I just asked her if she would try to eat a cookie I had just made. She said she would try, when I came back with one and tried to give it to her she kept saying that she was trying. I told her that she didn't have to get up, just to take it from me and try to eat it. For 10 minutes I kept asking her to just take it from me. She kept saying that she was trying but she wasn't moving and didn't even open her eyes. Then she started screaming at me to get out and leave her alone and that she was trying. Her blood sugar is probably extremely low right now, so we will end up having to take her to the ER to get an IV or something, which won't be fun and she's already made it clear that she will refuse to take her medicine tonight and when we told her that she needs to or she'll get sicker, she said she doesn't care, she wants to. It will likely be a very rough night because she will crash soon.

This morning I got a phone call from the tenant in Virginia about the email I sent him regarding leaving the house by August 9th. He was practically crying and said that he was sorry he misunderstood my mom's last email which told him to get the training for the AC maintenance or leave. It also said that she wanted to hear back from him as soon as possible about what he intended to do. He said he thought that he had until the end of the month to get the training. When I brought up that it also said to respond he said he misunderstood that and it would be so much stress for him and his wife to find a new place right now and wanted to stay. I told him that I would pass his message along to mom but that I didn't think there was much hope of changing her mind. She's been so stressed out worrying about the house and his lack of communication, I really don't think it would be good for her to change her mind. It's not like I couldn't find somewhere else to live either and it's not my decision to make so I just kept telling him that I would pass his message along.

Since mom has been barely coherent today I wrote to my dad about it and he said that he'd really like to wait to see if we could ask mom about it but that if we couldn't by tomorrow to just tell the tenant that we're sorry but we're ending the lease.

There's so much stuff I have to help finish before I leave too but dealing with mom is so draining that it's likely going to be very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment