Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Yesterday was a rough day. It was my birthday but my mother was having a lot of issues, so G and I spent most of the day trying to stabilize her and canceling our trip to Florida to see my other brother, D and his family.

Today G was supposed to drive himself to the airport but mom woke up and wanted to take him so I drove him to the airport and we had lunch. My tuna melt was far too greasy and upset my tummy a bit. Then mom and I drove back to my orthopedic appointment for my thumb. The doctor said that since it wasn't hurting or triggering today that he would suggest giving it more time to heal or if I couldn't live with it, getting the surgery. I told him that overall it had been much better but some days it ached real bad or I'd get a sharp pain if I pressed something with it. He said again that if I could live with that, it wouldn't be a problem, but if I couldn't to book the surgery. Kind of a let down but I'll have to wait and see if it's going to be bearable or not. Then decide about the surgery.

Mom was feeling really bad and slept most of the trip. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get her upstairs to her room or not, but she made it and now she's sleeping with some valium.

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry all this had to happen on your birthday of all days, and to cancel that trip :( Wish there was something I could do...

    ReplyDelete