Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why for Birthdays?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to mom.. though it was a rough day for all of us.

Mom had a rough night last night, she was struggling not to cry and cry out for her mom like she's been doing because she knows it's not right. Then this morning she had an appointment with her eye doctor for a checkup. She had a hard time walking down the stairs and to the car but then when we got there she was really feeling weird and kept feeling like she would throw up.

She had trouble answering questions and sitting in the exam chair and was acting strange. When we were done I had to carry her to her wheelchair because she couldn't walk at all. On the way out she threw up, but I don't know if it was from me lifting her, the eye exam, the 1/2 an antivan I gave her to calm her down or lack of food or any number of other things.

G and I took her to the ER after trying to call her neurologist and get in to see him but he was on vacation until the end of the month. The ER staff was great, they took us in right away even though they were pretty busy. The doctor came right in and ordered a CT scan of her head because I told him about her fall last week. They also took blood work and an EKG. The doctor came back and said he was worried about her blood work and that she was extremely dehydrated and wanted her to stay over night to get IV therapy and monitor her kidneys. At that point mom decided she wanted to leave.

We tried everything we could to get her to stay. I ended up yelling at her that she didn't care how it was affecting us. She yelled back that if she was dehydrated then it was G and my fault for not getting her drinks. I almost lost it on her. G and I have been staying up with her at night comforting her when she's crying for her mom, carrying her to the bathroom when she can't walk. We try to push food and drink on her all the time but often she just yells at us to leave her alone. I was steaming mad the whole way home.. which ended up taking an extra hour because the GPS took us on back mountain roads, many of which ended up being dead ends. It was an adventure. Everyone was mostly cheered up by it though, laughing at the GPS telling us to u-turn off the mountain, but by the time we got home I had such a massive headache.

Mom swears she'll drink gatorade twice a day and try to eat more. We'll see how long that promise lasts. She was well enough to chat up the nurse as she was removing her IV and walked out of the hospital mostly on her own. So at least I know she can get better if she can get past the dehydration.

I got another talk with AR today, a nice long one, but she still kept shutting down the conversation window whenever her boyfriend walked by so he wouldn't see what we were talking about. Things still look good to go so I can't wait to be able to talk to her as a real friend again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment