Friday, July 31, 2009

Rent a Brain

Busy busy, 8 days left to go, still so much to do. Thanks be to U-Haul for being totally useless. 7 years ago when I moved to Toronto we'd booked a trailer a month in advance and when the time came, no one anywhere near me had one available. The same may happen for this move. We won't know until 24 hours in advance. Why can't their reservation system let people enter their return date and location so that U-Haul can estimate what equipment will be where? I know things will still turn up late, but still at least there'd be the chance of knowing if you've got a shot. Not that there's much choice. I wracked 4 brains trying to find another company that rents trailers for one way moves, no such luck. If things go badly we may end up getting a rental van or something instead even though mom already paid to get a hitch installed on my brother's car. *sigh*

Then I called the local electric company in Virginia and that's all set up to go. Then I called Comcast after learning that the deal on the website has tiny print saying that you only get the special price for the first 6 months IF you also get another service at the regular price. Tricky tricky. But I'm looking to get internet and phone anyway so the possible costs per month would be better getting them through Comcast together than getting say Comcast internet and Vonage phone. I was all set to sign myself up, but then learned that they could not create my account until the tenant called in to set up a cancel date. So mom sent him an email asking him to call Comcast. We haven't heard from the tenant since before we got confirmation that he received the certified letter from mom. Dunno what's going to happen when we get there.

*Giant hugs* for my friends, R & N, whose grandfathers are still in the hospital :( More *hugs* for R, because her family there are acting like children.

<3 <3 <3 <3's for my friend, AR, whose apartment was robbed on Tuesday. Everything was taken, the TV, PS3, the computer my husband and I bought her 2 years ago including the web cam and headphones we got her last year, the external hard-drive I sent her in April, her engagement ring, and I'm sure lots of other things. :( I was robbed when I lived in Georgia back in 2000, but at least I found comfort that they were stupid fucks and by ripping things out of the walls, they broke most of the cables. I hope these bastards at least pulled some muscles!!! :<

No comments:

Post a Comment