Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lowe blow

Went to sleep at 2am, woke up at 8am, took the dogs to the groomers a mile down the road. Went home picked up mom and the lawnmower then drove an hour to the Lowe's where we bought it. I had called them on Sunday and asked about getting it fixed, the girl I spoke to asked me if we'd purchased the extended warranty and I said no. She said to just bring it in and that I wouldn't need an appointment. However when we got there, I went inside to the customer service desk and the girl called another girl, Becky, and said she was about to do a return on a lawnmower. I said we didn't want to return it, just repair it.

When Becky came up to talk to me, she asked me about the warranty and when I told her we didn't have the extended plan she said they only service things on the extended warranty unless it was within 30 days of purchase. We bought it May 21st but had only used it maybe 3 or 4 times. I told her what the girl on the phone had told me and she said "oh I know who that must have been", shook her head and said "she was wrong, I'll have to speak to her about that." Then she said we should go get the mower out of the car. After we got it, she took the receipt and went to talk to her manager. He came out and said there was nothing they could do for us. I explained that we had been told to bring it in and that we live an hour away. So he went back inside and when he came back he said they could either send it out for us, which would take at least a week plus whatever time was needed to fix it and send back, or they would exchange it. So we got it exchanged. Since I hadn't planned on needing to exchange it I hadn't brought all the parts like the bagger, so I told him he could take the new one out. After he helped me load the new one into the car I went and parked and I guess they thought we left because when mom and I went back inside to look for a bulb we needed they were all standing around bitching about us. I dunno if they even saw us, but it made me giggle anyway.

They didn't have the bulb we needed, so we went to Walmart and they didn't have it, same with Home Depot but then we had to get home to pick up the dogs so we stopped to get drinks from Starbucks and drove home. Picked up the dogs and then my brother G went to town to get a haircut and check the mail. While he was gone the delivery of the wooden swing seat and adirondack chairs came. Finally got to take a shower and mom wanted to go to Concord to eat and pick up dog food from Petco.

She wanted me to sign her up for the Petco discount card and the cashier told us that if we purchased 200 pounds of dog food we would get 10% off, we already had 120 pounds so G went to get 2 1/2 more bags. 6 big bags of dog food and one small bag.

After that we went to Ruby Tuesday, I got a half rack of ribs and a salad bar. Mom and G got the salad bar and southwest spring-roll appetizer. We all got ice cream & strawberries on a pastry for dessert.

Busy but not a bad day. Now the rain has knocked out the internet and may be out for awhile. :/ But I wrote this up offline and will post it when it comes back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment