Friday, September 18, 2009

A little bit of Everything

Still not sleeping well. I went to sleep around 3am I think and woke up at 8am to feed Princes and had a 2 1/2 hour long chat with R. She's going through a lot right now with her family, her Grandfather's health, her "boyfriend"..

I started cleaning the house while I was on the phone with R. Just wiping things down and sweeping, starting the laundry. Things that wouldn't be too loud because the connection on our phone calls is usually bad enough, plus it's been really windy on Guam and she talks to me while she's outside.

Vampire Diaries, episode 1x02. Still not sure if this will be another silly teen drama + Vampires. I don't hate it yet, but it is sliding towards too cheesy.

Called Michael's. I had my interview 2 weeks ago, I already bought 2 sets of work clothes and was just waiting to hear back on the background check. I spoke to the Assistant Manager who had interviewed me and she said that they've had to scale back hours for everyone and that she'd call me some time next week if she can schedule me some hours for the week after. :/ At least she said my background check went through ok.

Bones, episode 5x01, season premiere! Cyndi Lauper as a psychic :) I'd worry about spoiling that little tidbit but it's the first 5 seconds of the show. Not a bad premiere episode. I "liked" the crime and Cyndi Laupers character.

Finally got my order of Samhain 2009 Scent from Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs that I ordered a month ago. Love the scent, wasn't quite impressed with the purchasing & receiving experience. A week ago I tried to find out where my order was through the CCNow tracking number but it came back saying there was no such order yet the money had been taken out of my account, very confusing and I'm sure the system wastes a lot of their time answering emails like the one I sent them asking WTF? It took them 4 days to answer that email too, letting me know they would be shipping it out soon.

Walked Princess, according to google directions we walked a total of .8 mile. My neighbor was burning some tree branches in his front yard so I stopped to talk to him and his little daughter wanted to pet Princess. I told her to hold out her hand and let Princess sniff it, which she did but then she backed away and wouldn't come any closer. Same thing when my neighbor tried to pet her. She's a bit skittish around cars and apparently other people, or it could have been the proximity to the fire that was bothering her.. clogging up her ability to smell "nice people".

Watched more of last seasons (8) Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Not really impressed with these episodes, but I want to catch up and get them off my hard drive before all the other shows start up next week.

Mowed the backyard, such a gorgeous day. Slightly on the warm side but so breezy that with the windows open the house is pretty cool. Around 77-80 degrees outside, sunny and bright with a nice breeze, perfect weather actually. Nice timing too because I just got my electric bill and /sigh gonna have to keep the AC off as much as I can. It's turning out to be a nice golden fall sunset too, I already see the glow on the freshly mowed grass. :) Tonight's a new moon!

Made dinner: 2 Oscar Mayer hot dogs which I've decided I do not like plain, too salty for my non-smoking, dieting taste buds, on low-cal bread with low-cal cheese, bit of onion and mustard. Yumm!

Here's the math (which I double checked 800 times because I suck)
260 -- 2 Hot Dogs
32 -- 2 Slices of Cheese
80 -- 2 Slices of Bread
5 -- few bits of onion
10 -- dollops of Spicy Brown Mustard
------
387 -- Dinner <3

I'm in the mood to make some jewelry, but my thumb is a bit sore and after mowing today I won't risk it for a day or two. My mom commissioned a necklace for my Grandmother's birthday to match the earrings & bracelet she and my brother bought from me already for her. I'm waiting on an order of Fancy Jasper rounds and gold chain to complete it. It'll be quite fancy I think, at least in my head. :) I've used some hand-jigged gold tone 20 gauge wire clovers as links. Stay tuned for pics on my flickr &/or Facebook in a few days.

Jeez, did I manage to use every label I have in this post? Oh, nope! There's still Anime & Birthdays, Games, Holidays.. etc.. got more work to do :p

No comments:

Post a Comment