Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a day, What to Say..

First of all, I got the job. It's part time only, unless people quit I'll only be getting anywhere between 4-30 hours a week. They have to do a background check on me and that could take a week or two so I don't actually know when I start, or how much I'll make an hour actually. I forgot to ask. :/ I was too nervous. So the good news is that I have work coming, but the bad news is, I'll still need to find another part time job.

It's been a busy few days with Princess here. I've had to hand feed her because she eats too fast thinking she has to get as much as she can before someone else gets it and might get stomach bloating. We've gone on walks around the neighborhood, she's now discovered that she really really likes being indoors, I have to beg her to go outside now. She's sleeping in the bedroom on the floor next to me now so her fear of the carpet seems to have gone. We went out to the backyard to play a bit this morning and I saw a big black snake near the deck, it had it's head raised out of the grass which is pretty tall right now in the area around the deck because I don't have a weed-whacker to cut it. Princess dashed towards it and it slithered under the deck. Of course now I'm paranoid that I'll accidentally step on or near it, or that it's under the house in the crawl space when I have to go under there next week to vacuum the air conditioner filter. :/ I'm gonna call the exterminator guy we use and see if he can do anything. I hate snakes.. haaaaaaate.

I didn't put Princess in her crate last night. I was up late and I don't crate her until I go to sleep because I think that's just mean that I get to stay up and play and she doesn't. Plus she was perfect when I went out running errands yesterday so I figured I'd give it a shot. She was great. I don't think she touched anything and she seems pretty clear on only peeing outside anyway. She's already ripped open her plush hedgehog squeaky toy, it no longer squeaks. She still loves it though so I'll take the squeaker out and stitch the little bugger up. She dragged the pillow I put in the crate for her out today and started chewing on it, but she reacts quickly to stern words. Almost makes me feel bad to say NO because she cowers, but then she rolls over and wants belly rubs. :)

I clean the house every weekend but since I had nothing else to do after my interview yesterday, I got started early. Princess did not like the washing machine while it was running and kept running over to it with her head cocked to the side. Then while I was sweeping the floor she was bouncing around in front of me trying to chase it. She's too cute sometimes, just a big baby goofball!

I'm about halfway done with my newest bracelet. I spent a long time adapting the pattern from a metal ring I saw and picking the colors from my stash. I knew I wanted to use a gorgeous metallic amber color I have, but I first matched it with a bright metallic cranberry which just got lost with the amber. It's subtle, reminds me of looking at something with black light that's only faintly glowing. I may still finish it with those colors but I started over with a bright metallic navy blue instead and it's much more pleasing to me. Not quite the fall-autumny pattern I've been toying with in my head, but I haven't figured that one out yet. I'm still slowly working on adding descriptions and bits to my Etsy.com store, but inspiration takes time. :)

Got 2 more bills coming up next week, thankfully both are small. Still, it's really starting to add up.

I've been having a hard time getting my brain to stop thinking lately. It just goes on and on, around and around. Every detail about every aspect of my life and I wish it would just shut up. For 5 minutes. I've been trying to drown it out with catching up on tv, playing with Princess, making jewelry.. nothing is working, not as well as good long phone chats with friends does. Those are few though.

A couple of shows start their fall season next week, and I am pretty much caught up on the major ones I think. Since my last post about it, I've finished off Chuck, CSI: NY, Criminal Minds, America's Next Top Model, Flashpoint, Family Guy, Secret Diary of A Call Girl, Supernatural, and Law & Order: SVU. Now I'm watching the last few episodes of House, then the rest of The Listener. I'm missing a few episodes of the last season of Canada's Next Top Model but that doesn't start again until next spring I think, so I've got time.

I almost didn't watch ANTM's last season, reality shows are hit or miss once they've ended. You can get spoiled on it so easy. I enjoyed the last season though, I thought they had some great shoot ideas and really had some teaching lessons that seemed really useful. The next season is supposed to be the much talked about short-girl season that caused a huge scene at one of the auditions.

Flashpoint had a really cool guest star in one episode. Peter Outerbridge, who played the Chief Scientist, David Sandstrom, on the show ReGenesis. I've seen a few other cast members in other shows lately too. Mayko Nguyen who played a Bioinformatics Researcher, Mayko Tran, was on an episode of The Listener. Greg Byrk, who played the Executive Directors Assistant then the Executive Director, Weston Field, on ReGenesis was on the first episode of The Listener and is scheduled to appear on Flashpoint soon. He played what was probably my second favorite character, next to Carlos Serrano, played by Conrad Pla.

The Listener has been a pretty good show though I haven't found any information on when the second season will air. Another face I recognized guest starring was Sebastian Pigott who was a contestant on Canadian Idol Season 6 along with his brother, Oliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment